Sunday, April 3, 2011

another great weekend!

Well, this has been a really great weekend! Thursday night (which is when my weekend starts) we went out to dinner at a pizza/Italian restaurant in Salzburg. It was spontaneous and very delicious! We also got dessert crepes which were pretty yummy but kindof a ripoff (not worth the price at all, but worth a try I guess). Thursday night I caught up on some tv shows which was pretty fun.

Friday I went running with Lindsay (she's in my group), did a couple quick errands, and then Erin and I cooked dinner (omelets and homefries, which were super delicious). Friday night we hung out with our resident director Gabriella outside of class which was pretty fun! She took us to a cafe/restaurant on the roof of a hotel with a great view of the city below. I want to take Mom there when she comes :)

On Saturday I had the best day so far almost!! With Erin, Josh, his roommate Tyler, a kid Bobby I met, and these girls Shannon and April hiked the Gaisberg and it was such a gorgeous day..and a challenging hike! I guess we ended up taking the "hard" path up the mountain rather than the easy one..little did we know. By the top of the mountain my legs were basically numb, but I felt so accomplished. It was such a great workout with the most amazing views I have seen so far in Salzburg. It looked just like the Sound of Music mountains, green hills and huge Alps..we could see mountains that were over the border in Germany. Then at the top Josh had packed cookies for us, plus a piece of cake. It was SUCH a great day. And when we got back we made homeade alfredo sauce for pasta..it felt well deserved after such a great hike!

It's another beautiful day in Salzburg today (it's 71 degrees!!) so I might go down to the river and do some homework. My German as a foreign language class is a little harder than I would have expected, so I need to study little by little if I want to do well in it. I feel so lucky that I get to see this beautiful country and live here for study abroad! It was a great decision to experience this and to already have seen Italy and a few other cities in Austria. I'm also going to Barcelona and Mallorca (island off of Spain) to visit Kris, and want to book a trip to Paris today!!

I'm so excited because Mom is here in a little over a week, and my spring break is also a little bit after that! There should be some fun times ahead :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment