Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday..

I figured I will try to do a blog entry every day this week so you can get an idea of what I do every week. Just to begin, Monday always comes so quickly, the weekend always flies by. Sunday afternoon was pretty nice, I relaxed down by the river with my friends Erin, Ashley and Lindsay and listened to some music and did a regular journal entry. It was such a GORGEOUS day yesterday.

Today I got up at around 10, had some breakfast and hung out in my room. It's raining today unfortunately, not really hard but enough that I wore my rain jacket and got wet on my way to the bus stop. Luckily it's not far away. On Mondays I only have one class, DaF, so I took the bus to class at 12, and it went pretty well today, it went by quickly (it's an hour and a half 3 days a week, so sometimes it feels really long). Today we went over more grammar and had a mini surprise quiz at the end of class...

After class I headed directly to the grocery store and hunted out some sales, definitely saving some money for the week. I usually do my grocery shopping on Mondays. Fact of the day: mayonnaise and mustard come in tubes here. I got a tube of mustard for 0,39 cents! Oh and just as a side note my bus pass finally got checked for the first time today, they use an honors system here, so you buy a bus pass and then they check it at random. I bought a semester bus pass so I'm all set, but this was the first time since I got here in February that I've been asked to show it.

Then I came back and made mashed potatoes and a piece of white sausage for lunch. I'm getting slightly better at cooking living here, but not much. I really need a meat thermometer so I can know for sure when things are done, I'm not good with cooking meat at all. I had to go online and look up how to cook "white sausage" because I had no idea. It's a Bavarian, southern German sausage. I only had a little piece but it was good. Otherwise I was proud of myself for making my own mashed potatoes. They turned out pretty good and then I added a little bit of garlic powder, salt and pepper to season them, so I think I did a decent job! I guess I have to learn how to cook real food sometime, but as always pasta is still the cheapest thing you can find!

Mondays are usually pretty mundane..right now I should be doing some DaF sentences for homework, we have to write them out to practice different types of grammar, so I guess I will get that over with. After that, maybe do a little reading for German and then call it a night, and probably catch up on some Survivor episodes! I think I'm 4 or 5 behind...I want to know what's going on!

Well, as long as I remember I'll do an entry for Tuesday tomorrow! :) hope all is well with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment