Monday, March 28, 2011

recap of the weekend

So, I finally branched out and decided to buy some more food rather than just..nutella, bread, and pasta. So I have gotten some onions, eggs, potatoes, carrots, more fruit..tonight I made an omelet with garlic potatoes, it was so good! I'm proud of myself for actually cooking something..haha!

This past weekend was pretty fun. Thursday night, I got all my homework done early so I could enjoy the weekend. On Friday, Josh and I went to Fuschl, which is like a little town maybe a 20 minute bus ride outside of Salzburg. We tried a bit of hiking (it was hard to find the right paths so we didn't do too much) and walked around the lake. When I got back, I went running with Erin. Friday night, I went out with some friends. Saturday, I lazed around and didn't do too much..Saturday night I caught up with my Pretty Little Liars show, and I skyped home Saturday too. I needed a relaxed day! Sunday, again I didn't do a whole lot until the evening, when I went to a concert which my roommate was in (she is a music student who plays the oboe, and she gave me a free voucher for it). It was an orchestra, but there was a surprise visit by a slam poet at the end which was really interesting. I'd say it was a fairly "modern" orchestra. I went to the concert with Erin and Paige, who are both in my program.

And now..it's Monday again! I have one class on Monday from 12:30-2. After class I went running and ran up Kapuzinerberg Mountain..ok well I didn't run up all the way, because it's REALLY steep, but I did intervals and just kept going until I made it to the top, which was totally worth the view of the green hills, and also the city below! There are a lot of nice trails in that area, and the path to get there is only about 5 minutes running, 10 or so walking, from my dorm!

I guess tonight I'm going to relax, and do some homework, which I unfortunately must get done...tomorrow is my busiest day of classes. Looking forward to another weekend coming up, because those are always the most fun..but I also appreciate the weekdays, especially Monday and Wednesday where I only have one class on each day so I can fit in some sightseeing and exploring in the afternoon!

Oh..and I'm really excited that my mom is coming to visit in 2 weeks!! it will be so much fun to show her around and see her!! :)

And one more note..I got all my classes for UMaine next semester which is wonderful, and housing selection is tonight so hopefully from afar everything will work out! It was a little stressful taking care of everything from overseas, including faxing a housing application, but I'm glad it's all looking to work out nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment