Sunday, April 10, 2011

Friday, Saturday, Sunday!

This has been both a lazy AND a productive weekend at the same time! Friday I didn't really do much in the morning (that I remember as significant or worth mentioning), in the afternoon I went to the park and took pictures of the cherry blossoms and walked around to enjoy it all, that was really nice and I got pictures of the cherry blossoms while they were looking gorgeous! I also ended up meeting up with Paige and Lindsay there and we went to the playground, where we ended up playing on the seesaw with a little Austrian girl and her mom! That was a lot of fun, it's an awesome playground..they have a huge slide that is literally scary to go down..even though I'm not in elementary school anymore..

After that I skyped with Mom and Dad for a bit, and Ashley and I went to the grocery store to get hamburger meat and food for our Friday night party! This involved a trip to two grocery stores because the first one we went to didn't have hamburger meat..odd? I think so. Anyway, we got hamburger buns, hamburger, pickles, veggies, chips and a delicious bundt cake for dessert :) the 5 of us girls all got together and cooked some delicious food! Of course none of us had experience cooking burgers before, but Ashley and I manned the grill (or the stovetop) and they came out excellent! Then we ended up having a fun night just hanging out as a group after eating, highlighting Erin's hair and listening to music. It was a great time !

Saturday, I spent the morning watching a movie for class, it's a 3 HOUR long movie called "Sisi" which is a more modern version to the Sissi movie we watched in class last week. I watched it ahead because I won't be in class Tuesday (mom will be here!!) Actually it was a pretty good movie but it got boring just because I watched all 3 hours at once. So I lazed around all day in my room and watched that movie, planned out some mini trips for when mom is here (looking up ticket prices) and besides that did nothing, which was ok but I got really antsy from sitting around, so I went running in the late afternoon and explored the Altstadt some more..Saturday night I was going to go out and do something but ended up really hungry, making pasta for dinner and catching up on a Survivor episode (it was a pretty dull day overall, but I did some necessities).

Unfortunately, Sunday has been dull as well..because I've been doing homework ALL DAY! I set my alarm this morning, woke up, and wrote two essays..and edited another one. Then I did sentences for DaF class, looked up verbs and looked up some other grammar stuff I didn't understand. I'm trying to stay caught up with everything so I won't do really awful on the midterm. I feel a lot better now that I've done a huge chunk of work, but it was a pretty boring day and I literally stayed in my pajamas all day! So I think I might go on a walk or a run now, because once again I've been sitting around a lot. I'll be glad I did though when I have very little work to do this week when I have company! :)

So for the first time in a while, I'm not disappointed that the weekend is ending, because Mom is here on Tuesday! Then she's here for a whole week, and there are only four more days of classes until..two weeks of spring break!!! I'm so excited to have a spring break in Austria, Barcelona, and Mallorca..doesn't get much better than this!

Well, I'm about to go running and get some action in my life..too much sitting around, but I have been very productive and pretty proud of myself :) bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment