Sunday, March 13, 2011

One thing I learned in the past 24 hours: there's always more to people than you see on the surface. Sometimes people are struggling with things you wouldn't even expect. It's sad that people have to overcome challenges nobody else even knows about, but it also brings people together because you realize you aren't alone in your worries or challenges in life. I've just been reminded to be less judgemental of people and to remember that I don't always know the whole story of who they are.

Anway, I went to Innsbruck yesterday, and unfortunately because we took the inexpensive trains, we only had 4 hours to go around the city. That was a little disappointing, but we did as much as we could. We saw the touristy old city, with the Golden Roof which is part of the home of a past emperor of the city, and then we took a cable car partway up (not all the way to the very top of the mountain, so it was on a track, not dangling like a ski lift) so we could overlook the city and take some nice pictures of the scenery. It was a little foggy or hazy, but you could still see the mountains. Then we ate at a restaurant in Innsbruck, which was only average, but at least we tried it. Then we had a wonderful 5 hour train ride home...which was pretty bad, and we got back to the train 1 minute before it departed...we literally had to sprint through the city for our train.

Today I went on a really long run through Salzburg, long overdue, and wished I had my camera many times because it was just so idyllic and beautiful. This really is a beautiful city.

Well, I need to shower and fold laundry, and we're celebrating Erin's birthday with a pasta dinner here at the dorm tonight. Last night we were hanging out in the old city and celebrating for her birthday, and some guys from Holland sang Happy Birthday to her with me on the street! It was very cool :)

Well, best wishes to everyone for the new week and I will add more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment