Monday, May 30, 2011

only one more day of classes!

The weekend trip we had was a lot of fun. We went to Eisriesenwelt, the largest ice caves on the world, and it was snowing on the mountain as we hiked up to get to the caves! It was really cold up there, but cool to say I've been to the largest ice caves. We also went to Hohenwerfen, the fortress of the city, and then the village of Piesendorf where we stayed in a hostel overnight. The next day, we drove for 2 hours, then took a boat across the lake to Hallstatt, a cute lake town, where we went to a salt mine and then had time to walk around the town. Gabriella bought us ice cream sundaes, and we checked out the souvenier shops. It was a really busy weekend and we saw a lot all at once, but worth all the craziness! Plus I got to see Austria by bus, which was nice as opposed to a train.

Today was a pretty good day so far. I paid my last rent of my semester here in Salzburg! Luckily the exchange rate got a tiny bit better, so it's not QUITE so bad. One more day of classes tomorrow, and then Wednesday we leave for Berlin until Sunday! I'm soo excited to go to Berlin, it will be a great trip. This morning I got up and cleaned my room, ate some dry cereal since I have basically no food, went to class, then headed to the post office and mailed out some postcards. Then we went to the bakery with the girls and got some doughnuts we wanted to try :) mine was a vanilla doughnut filled with vanilla pudding with icing on top..in the shape of a heart! Delicious. We paid rent after that and then treated ourself to some pizza. It's awesome, you pay 2.90 for a "slice" but its actually HUGE and two slices, so I got lunch today, and lunch tomorrow is sitting in the fridge!

Now I'm doing one more load of laundry so all my laundry will be completely done..and then I really have to do homework! Ashley and I might make dinner together tonight, but neither of us has any food because we're trying to conserve and not buy stuff before Berlin, when it will just go bad. Berlin is my last big trip of the semester, it's going to be a lot of fun I hope! And the weather looks nice as well, we'll see! Today is sunny and in the 80's here in Salzburg, it's been so nice. I'm soaking up the sun because it's supposed to rain tomorrow.

well, I won't have internet in Berlin so you might not hear from me for a little while, unless I write again before we head out. But I will definitely update on how that trip goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment