Friday, May 27, 2011

the last few days

The last few days have been great! Wednesday we went to Golling Wasserfall, it was beautiful there! It also has a few paths that lead up to the source of the waterfall and over it, so it was a lot of fun to walk around with a bit of exercise too! That night, Ashley Erin and I made this really yummy dish with potatoes, cheese, Käsekrainer and onion in it..I'm not sure what it is but it's delicious..we sortof invented it ourselves here. Thursday, Gabby cancelled our afternoon class! So after DaF class, Paige, Erin and I went to the public pool on Alpenstrasse. It was a gorgeous day in the 80's here. You Pay 2,70 for day entry and you get to stay the whole day! I thought I slathered sunscreen all over myself but of course didnt get enough on my stomach..I'm not sure what happened but I'm pretty sunburned there. Other than that it was a great day. The pool is HUGE, it was a relaxing and fun afternoon and I finally got to swim!!

Today, it was a rainy day but I had to go to an info meeting for our ice cave field trip today at 12. We're leaving tomorrow at 8am and we'll be back Sunday in the evening at like 7pm. We're going to the ice caves, a castle and the Lake District which is supposed to be beautiful, we also get a boat ride across it, a trip to another salt mine (different than the one mom and I went in) and we're staying in a youth hostel, so we should be able to meet other people outside of our group there! It's a trip meant for study abroad/foreign exchange students in Austria, so it's people from all different countries going. And Gabby is going with us too. After the meeting I went to the ATM, went home, cleaned the bathroom, cleaned my room up, organized, did laundry, and did a little bit of homework.

We're leaving for Berlin Wednesday in the early afternoon! We're taking a train..and getting into Berlin around 11 at night or something like that. Then we have Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and we leave Sunday morning to come back to Salzburg! I'm not missing any classes because this coming Thurs and Fri are holidays in Austria (and Germany on Thursday). I'm excited to go to Berlin, everyone I have talked to said it's a really great city!

Well I have to go pack for the overnight trip, and then go to bed so I can get up to meet everyone in the morning!

PS.  Oh wait!! I wanted to mention that Josh went back to America yesterday :/ but we had a farewell dinner at Wildermann and it was SO YUMMY. I got Wienerschnitzel that had bacon, onions and mushrooms inside it. It was soooo yummy. Also, Erin gave me some of her Knodel (dumplings) which are also reeeaaally good. But then, one of the best things I have honestly had so far in Austria, was this: for dessert Erin and I shared a plate of "Kaiserschmarrn" which literally translates to "emperor mismash/mess." It's called this because it was probably first served to the Austrian emperor Franz Josef. There's a lot of legends about how it came to be created. But, basically it's a plate of pancake pieces made from a really sweet batter, and then they're baked in butter. They gave you cranberry sauce or some such thing to dip them in but they were even better just plain. They were SO fluffy, buttery and absolutely delicious. I have to get them again before I go home. It. is. delicious.

Well, that's all now, hope all is well for everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment