Thursday, May 5, 2011

cool moments in austria

Just had a really cool moment here in Mozarthaus, my dorm. Some cleaning ladies came in because they're going around cleaning all the windows, and they only spoke German. So it was a little awkward, because we had to move all my stuff out of the way so they could climb up and clean both windows, but they asked where I was from, how long I was here, what I thought of Austria, and if I had brothers and sisters. They were like, "some americans come here and they cant speak a word of german, or it's bad german." honestly my german wasn't perfect but it seemed they were happy I could converse, it was a fun conversation and then they told me I had a pretty face :) haha! fun little moments and compliments can definitely make your day! Only one more class and then the weekend, which will be spent studying for the most part, but going to a Maifest on Sunday for May Day (they do it on the first Sunday of the month here, and people try to climb the May Pole that they set up. Should be fun! Talk to you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment