Sunday, May 1, 2011

last day of spring break!

Well, I'm safely back in Salzburg now and had a lot of fun with Kris on our adventures in Mallorca and Barcelona. The traveling back and forth was long and exhausting but it was well worth it. I'm proud of myself cause I flew by myself both ways and figured out the train with no problems this time :)

I saw some other sites in Barcelona including: the Barcelona Cathedral, La Rambla (a big shopping/tourist street), a beach in in the Barceloneta area, and the Magic Fountain which plays music and lights up with colors in the evening. We also went to an open air market and a nice park, so I'd say I got the tourist experience :) I bought a t-shirt and then for 5 Euros on the street, there are people who are artists and write your name in a sortof Oriental style, with letters in the shape of birds and different things, so I got one of those. It was fun :) we also got some sand in Mallorca and 2 little bottles so we're each going to fill the bottles with sand and some shells we found as a souvenier.

It was weird because in both Barcelona and Mallorca there were topless women on the beaches, they're a lot more casual about it over here in Europe so I have heard, but it was still very strange to me. It was fun being in Barcelona because of different cultural things, like different foods at the market (new vegetables, different kinds of meat are more popular..like chicken with the head still on it..gross!)

I have a midterm a week from tomorrow! This week is going to be a lot of studying so I can do well on the midterm, because it's a very challenging class. It probably won't be the most fun weekend of my life but it will be worth it to get a good grade.

Also, Happy May! For May traveling plans I have coming up: a day trip to Hitler's Eagle Nest not this weekend but the next, which was his mountain hideaway. It's in Germany. The next weekend, May 20-22, is PARIS! and then the weekend after that, our resident director signed us up for a trip to Eisriesenwelt which are ice caves in Austria, and it's an overnight trip with a few other places as well. I'm excited! After the midterm I will be a little bit less stressed :)

Well, I'm skyping Mom at 3, and then doing some laundry hopefully, except one of the washers is broken. Then I hope to go running if it's not raining, it looks pretty cloudy. It's a laid back Sunday which is nice, a little bit sad that my lovely vacation is ending, but overall it was lots of fun !

No comments:

Post a Comment