Saturday, June 18, 2011

winding down..

Things are going well in Austria…only 13 days until I’m back in the US! Yesterday Kris, Ashley and I went on an adventure to find the Milch Automat. It’s a machine where you pay 60 cents and fill your own bottle with delicious fresh milk J we had to wander around for a little while before we could find it since it’s down the path of a field, but when we did it was totally worth it. Then, we found a path called “Hellbrunner Allee” which is a tree lined path that goes back towards the center of the city. It’s pretty, really popular with joggers/locals and was something I’ve been wanting to find for a while, so we all walked back on it together. That was nice, I’m really glad I found it before we left.

I only have 2 DaF classes left and things are also winding down for Gabby’s classes. I have a short essay and a long essay for Gabby’s class, and then a final exam for DaF. The next week will be filled with some studying and preliminary..packing! That feels very weird to say. I only have a little bit more souvenir/gift shopping to do, which is nice but also…just so strange! I can’t believe I’m about to be leaving…

Last week the day after going to the fair I had some weird food poisoning or something..I didn’t eat anything at the fair but we made sausage after and I think that was it. I felt pretty bad for a little while but I’m better now. I’m glad it just went away on its own!

Kris leaves Monday morning so I want to show him a couple more things if there is time. Unfortunately the weather hasn’t been cooperating so well, BUT on Wednesday we took a train to Munich, Germany with Ashley and Paige. It’s only two hours from Salzburg. I wanted to go there for a day before I left Salzburg, so that was another thing I could cross off my list, too. We went to the city center where we saw the Glockenspiel (a famous clock with dancing people that move), and some other famous buildings in the center. We stopped at the Hofbrauhaus, the most famous beer garden in Munich. We packed our own peanut butter and jelly sandwiches because we were trying to save money. It worked! We also stopped at a really huge discount clothing store and I got a dress for only 7 euros which was pretty awesome:) it was a quick trip but I’m still glad I got back there on this trip. (It was one of the places I went to in high school so it was cool to go back). Now I can say I’ve been to both Northern and Southern Germany, which is awesome. I didn’t get to London unfortunately, but I’m glad I can say I went to lots of places!

Well, that’s about all for now. I guess I’ll go make plans for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment