Monday, June 13, 2011

fun long weekends!


Things are going welll in Salzburg. It feels like we’ve been doing lots of fun stuff, and I have a 5 day weekend right now (it started Friday, and we don’t have class until Wednesday). On Thursday night I hung out with Kris, Ashley and Erin. That was fun, just hanging out together. Ashley went to bed but Erin, Kris and I went to Heisse Kiste so he could experience it. It’s basically a tiny sausage stand that sits right near the Altstadt. People only go there to get sausage at night (mostly) so we went and got Käsekrainer..that was fun, and delicious. Friday, I gave Kris a tour of the Altstadt, so we visited St. Peter’s Cemetery, and the oldest bakery in Salzburg, looked inside the Dom Cathedral, and then went to the Festung. That was my second time at the Festung and it was nice to see the great views again. We had really yummy tortellini for dinner that we bought at the store.

Saturday, we went to Stiegl Brewery, where they brew Salzburg Beer, and we got to see the process of how it works (again, since Gabby took us there when we first arrived in Salzburg in February, so long ago). We had coupons that we got from the grocery store, for entrance for only 2 Euros…plus, we got a coupon for the gift shop, so I bought a t-shirt! After that we went to dinner at the delicious Wildermann restaurant, I got Wienerschnitzel and really yummy Kaiserschmarnn dessert again…I definitely want to learn how to make that one! Then Kris and I watched the movie Little Fockers on my computer.

Sunday morning I went running, and then we lazed around a bit until Ashley, Kris and I went to the Salzburger Dult..which is a fair in Salzburg. I felt like I was at a smaller version of the Fryeburg Fair, which was awesome. I definitely noticed that the Austrians are a lot less strict with regulating fair rides..half of the rides that tip and spin didn’t even have safety bars or anything..you literally have to hold on for dear life, that was pretty crazy to watch. It was fun to people watch and watch people do carnival games all in German..and they had lots of yummy looking food, but the only thing I got was a serve-your-own slushie, which was really good..it’s free admission so I’m sure we’ll be going back before it ends on the 19th, with more people that want to go.

Well, today we have plans to go check out a sort of craft fair that’s set up along the river, and getting kebaps tonight with Ashley. Tomorrow I have to actually do some homework, and hopefully go running again. Only 18 days until I’m home! I'll try to update again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment